Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. These Terms and Conditions apply to all online, email, fax, phone, and person to person customer requests for services.
1. Customer will accept full responsibility for contents of dumpster and agrees to additional charges if the dumpster contains unacceptable materials or is over the allotted weight limit for the rental. Overweight charges are billed at $190 per ton. The Customer's credit/debit card will be charged for any outstanding balance after the can has been removed from the property and taken to a Connecticut-licensed Transfer Station.
The following items carry an additional charge if placed in our dumpsters:
- Car Tires - $15.00 each
- Truck Tires - $30.00 each
- Propane Tanks - $15.00 each
- Freon Units (air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, etc.) - $30.00 each
- Computer Monitors/Televisions - $30.00 each
- Mattresses/Box Springs - $30.00 each
Concrete, asphalt, dirt, stumps, etc. are not permitted in our dumpsters. If you have more than 1 yard of this material please contact us prior to ordering your dumpster rental.
2. Do not overload dumpster, load to the fill line only. Any overweight citations or legal judgments against Waste Tech Family Refuse while hauling from the Customer's job site will be paid by customer, and/or dumpster may not be hauled for safety reasons. Customer is responsible for unloading excess debris at their expense.
3. Customer is responsible for having a clear and accessible path for servicing containers. If dumpster is inaccessible or not ready for pick up, a trip fee will apply. Valid reasons for us to charge a client the trip fee include but are not limited to; overloaded containers, low laying power lines or tree branches, cars or any items or materials blocking access to pick up or drop off a container, material heaped up or hanging over the sides of the container, containers that are too heavy to be removed, locked gates or fences, inaccessible driveways or parking lots, or for any reason(s) out of our control. The trip fee can range anywhere from $150-$200. This fee covers drivers pay, fuel, and time for re-routing the driver's planned schedule.
4. Waste Tech Family Refuse charges a $25.00 fee to cancel your order, as long as the order is cancelled by 4pm EST on the BUSINESS day prior to delivery. When we refund your credit card it will be for the amount we charged minus $25.00. However, we will credit the $25 fee off your next order. Orders cancelled after 4pm on the business day prior to the delivery will be charged a $150 trip fee. This is due to the fact that our scheduling has already been completed and must be adjusted for the last minute changes. Waste Tech Family Refuse requires 1 business day notice in order to change a scheduled delivery/removal. This means contacting our office by 4pm the business day prior to your delivery/removal date. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. For example, if your delivery/removal is on a Monday, you need to contact our office by 4pm on Friday to avoid any additional fees. 11pm on a Sunday night is not enough notice. A trip fee of $150.00 will be assessed for last minute changes, or if we arrive on site and you want to keep the dumpster longer or refuse the delivery.
5. Dumpsters are not to be moved by Customers. Waste Tech Family Refuse will move the dumpsters upon request, however a trip fee may apply. Customer is responsible for any damages done to our dumpster while on their job site. Costs of damages will be charged back to Customer.
6. If it rains, snows, sleets, hails, etc. while the dumpster is in your possession, please understand that Waste Tech Family Refuse has no control over these events. This may affect the weight of your dumpster. We do not have in our possession, or at our disposal, any tools or technology to prevent rain, snow, etc. from entering your dumpster. The customer has the option of placing a tarp, sheets of plywood or any other type of barrier over the dumpster to prevent the entry of rain or snow. Additionally, the dumpsters are not water-tight and will not hold water beyond the saturation of materials in the dumpster.
Please understand that our company has to pay the landfill for the disposal of the contents of your dumpster. We are charged based on weight and if a dumpster is heavier because of water saturation, we still have to pay the landfill too. No discounts or rebates will be given if rain affects the weight of your dumpster.
7. Customer will accept full responsibility for any damage to their driveway, lawn, etc, which results from delivery and/or pick-up of dumpster under the direction of the Customer or individuals working for the Customer. Our Release of Liability waiver can be downloaded by clicking here.
8. Customer is responsible for any fines, impounds or costs incurred from state, county or city jurisdictions while dumpster is on Customer job site.
9. Customer understands the rental time for the dumpster and that at any time after the rental period has expired, Waste Tech Family Refuse may remove the dumpster from the job site. If monies are owed on the dumpster, the dumpster will not be removed until the balance on the account has been paid.
10. Customer understands that in the event customer fails to pay in full all monies due, Waste Tech Family Refuse may refer such matters to an attorney or collection agency. Customer agrees to pay, in addition to any amount due, all costs incurred by Waste Tech Family Refuse as a result of this action, including court fees, collection fees and late fees. ($30 fee on returned checks). A Mechanic's Lien will be placed on the property once an account goes into Collections status.
11. Ordering a container from this web site constitutes a personal guarantee. All information is treated with the strictest confidentiality, in accordance with PCI compliance guidelines.
12. I understand that it is my responsibility to contact Waste Tech Family Refuse when the dumpster is ready for pick up. Rental time stops once the Customer has notified Waste Tech Family Refuse that the dumpster is ready for removal. This only applies to our "standard rentals"". Our internet specials are automatically removed after the rental period is up.